Thursday 7 August 2014

Corals, Mattes, Balms and Brushes

So I keep putting this off, I have no idea why, but it's gotten to a point in which I'm going to end up writing a July favourites in December! I have been trying out a few new things in July and I know there has been hype about a some of them, I have just been very late on the bandwagon for a few. 

 The first thing I'm gonna talk about is my very first Real Techniques brush. Well, my very first makeup brush in fact (Besides those cheap fake ones most girls had as a six year old...)! I know what you're thinking, how can a beauty blogger only just invest in a makeup brush?! Well I was very against them because...
Well because I didn't really know about them. For some reason in my head it would be like applying foundation with a hairbrush and it would go all streaky. Not a good look in my mind! But this blogger did a ton of research into the world of makeup brushes and finally decided that they were amazing. So I went out and invested in a Real Techniques stippling brush. I loved the idea of this as it was said to give an airbrushed finish to foundation. Oh my gosh I love it! I currently wear a foundation that I thought I absolutely hated, but applying it with this brush has made me fall in love! It definitely gives the most flawless finish I've had with any foundation. Buying this makeup brush has been the best purchase in a while! It's so soft and I bought it at the beginning of July and haven't had any hairs fall out yet! I'm also using it for bronzer, blush and setting powder.. Naughty me, but it'll do until I expand on my collection which will be happening!

Next on my list is an old beauty favourite that I've just recently picked up. Its the Rimmel Matte Translucent Powder. I love this as a setting powder! It keeps my skin from getting oily, also it helps to keep my base makeup on for longer.
For a while now, I have been in possession of No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose. Now this was all good, went on smoothly and stayed on my lips even after eating and being on stage singing as I used this as part of my stage makeup. I only used it for this reason as I thought the colour didn't really go with the makeup I would wear offstage. So again, I did my research and tried to find a subtler colour when I came across Coral Rose. This is a perfect colour for me, just what I was looking for! Has all the benefits of the previous lipstick but obviously with a subtler colour. I really need to do more research into colours before I buy!

Okay so this product was actually bought by my lovely mother dearest. I've been getting dry lips recently, (probably due to all the lipsticks I've been wearing!) so obviously I wanted something to help. BARING IN MIND she is not into makeup of any sort in the slightest. She is more into cars. So for her to come to me with a Nivea lip balm that salvaged my lips was a miracle! It was just a basic tube Nivea lip balm but wow... I put it on at night with sore, dry lips and they were perfectly soft in the morning! I suggest you all invest in one of these beauties as they are cheap and they work wonders! 

Thank you guys for reading such a long and chatty monthly favourites! Have any of you got any of these products? What have been your favourites this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment