Thursday 27 November 2014

Small Boots Haul


Hey guys! I haven't bought makeup in a while as I've been trying to save recently, but I thought I'd treat myself and go on a small Boots haul, courtesy of my mothers credit card (I had been told that I need to buy something for myself instead of saving for presents for people for Christmas but I just couldn't take the guilt!). I'm just going to tell you guys what little picks I bought and should review a couple soon.


If you're a regular reader of my blog, you will know how obsessed I am with the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paints. Although I have become very confused with this as when I went to pick up my new purchases, I've seen that they've either added new bottles in the exact same colour with different names or they've changed all the names of the oldest paints in this collection? I couldn't figure it out and it doesn't say anything about new ones on the colour list (yes, I'm sad enough to keep myself updated with this list). So anyway before I go any more off tangent, I bought two shades in the new collection, 'Chai' GNP 29 and 'Cardamom' GNP 30. These shades are part of the new Autumn/Winter collection and these two have to be my favourite shades which is why I chose them. I am intending to buy the rest of this collection as they are all pretty colours. In the picture, I'm wearing 'Chai' GNP 29 on my ring finger and 'Cardamom' GNP 30 on the rest.

The last nail paint, I got for free for spending over £6 on Barry M. It was the limited edition, Christmas glitter nail paint in 'Moonlight'. I could choose one of two shades, the other being 'Starlight' but I preferred 'Moonlight' as it is a mix of silver and magenta pieces instead of silver and gold. I wouldn't usually buy something like this as I'm not too keen on this type of top coat because of the big pieces, but I thought I'd give it a try as it was free and I can't pass that up. I will give it a try and my feelings towards these top coats may change, I will keep you updated.

Revlon have recently had a new release of the Colorstay Moisture Stain lipgloss, so of course this had to be on my list of things to buy because of the gorgeous colour range and the fact it's a new product was just too tempting. After contemplating for a good ten minutes which shade I should get, I finally decided on 'Barcelona Nights' 015. I just loved this colour in the tube so much! I have to say that when applied it does come up a bit lighter and brighter than it shows in the tube, although it is still very pretty and wearable. It goes on smoothly and has a pointed applicator which helps when defining your top lip. I have not tested out how long it lasts or if the colour stays true throughout the day yet so I can't comment on how good that is.

The last thing I bought was one I have been looking to buy for a while. The Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade '08'. I have a lot of these lipsticks and they are highly raved about but I still feel I should say how good they are. They are creamy, easy to apply, long lasting and come in a range of colours. They also have a matte range which I have a few of (let's not forget the famous shade '107). This colour has been on my list for a while as people have reviewed it as a very natural and wearable, everyday colour. I would describe this shade as a your-lips-but-better shade, for me. This will change based on your natural lip colour but this is just so close to my lip colour but enhances it amazingly.


Have you bought any products recently? What are your thoughts on these products?
Tori. X

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster award nominations. xxx http://jennifercooper99.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/my-liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete