Tuesday 27 January 2015

Another Makeup Haul

 Left to right: Collection Longer Lash Waterproof Mascara, MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter, L'oreal Color Riche Exclusive Nudes, Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner, Sleek Matte Me Lipstick, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.



Hey guys! So I have something to admit, it happened again. I've been lured in by the ever tempting stock of Boots and Superdrug and bought a few little pieces which I am in love with already. I checked my bank account and saw I had a spare not-needed-at-this-time £20, so I decided to look around these two shops! Some of them have been raved about and a few are things I have taken a gamble and only read a few reviews about. I need to stop going near any shops.

My first buy was the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I've bought this is the past when it had it's old packaging and I really wasn't keen on it. It had been raved about, of course, and still is! But I just couldn't get on with it, it was runny and creased my eyes so badly! I assumed there had been a bad batch and would not give up on this little concealer! I also heard that the formula has been slightly changed so I had to give it another shot. It was definitely a good idea as I'm now in love! It no longer creases and covers my black circles perfectly. Perfect way to go out if you only want little makeup, no need for foundation with this.

I finally bought the MUA Undress your skin Highlighting Powder in 'Pink Shimmer'. At only £3 and all of the amazing reviews this should have been at the top of my wish list for a long time! But it has been hidden amongst other bits in my face folder. This shade of powder highlighter goes perfectly on top of my Sleek blush in 'Rose Gold' which I have been using everyday since the South East blogger meet up. It does have shimmer to it but I find using a little of this highlighter just above the blush blends really nicely together!

The Collection Longer Lash Waterproof Mascara wasn't something I had heard of before. I had tried a few of their other products but hadn't been as pleased with them as I could have been. Seeing this one in store I decided, again, to give them another chance and buy it seeing as though it wan't a big amount I'd have lost. So far it's better than expected, stayed on all day and didn't clump at all on application. It gave a significant difference to the length of my lashes and kept them separated without them looking spidery.

I've not ever really followed the hype of nude lipsticks as I always thought of them as skin colour and that obviously put me off. Finding the L'oreal Color Riche Exclusive Nudes collection with all the different shades of nudes for different skin colours intrigued me. Maybe I could actually find a pretty nude? I was right! I got the shade 'Barely Peach' by Julianne Moore. It's such a pretty pink shade and is perfect for everyday situations.

I have always loved starting my day with a thin line of eyeliner and the ones I have been using have either been too thick or too hard to apply. I have only ever used kohl liner or felt tip liquid liner so I decided it was time to try a proper liquid liner. This is when I came across the Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner. It has a hard applicator which some people may not like but I find it perfect. It means the line won't get too thick and it makes it more precise. I am yet to try a proper gel liner too.

I finally bought the product I have been seeing on the lips of girls a lot around college. The Sleek Matte Me Lipstick/Lipgloss in 'Birthday Suit'. It's in a lipgloss applicator but dries like a lipstick. It has a matte finish which I absolutely love and doesn't feel caked or look like I'm even wearing lipstick - besides the obvious change in lip colour - it's amazing!

What new products have you tried? Do you have any of these?
Tori. X

No comments:

Post a Comment