Tuesday 5 April 2016

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation & Samples

Hello beauties! I have a confession, I've been the most terrible foundation buyer, especially as a beauty blogger I should be better at this but I've never, ever had a truly fitting foundation. Don't get me wrong, I've tried to find the right colour and was content with the foundation I had, until one day when I saw my mum and she asked me why my face was a completely different colour to my neck. Ahh, no. I do not want to be one of those people. It's just so hard to find a fitting foundation, especially when looking in store and not wanting to end up with different colour streaks on your face!






To give you an example of what I'm talking about, until now I've been wearing Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation in 'Light Ivory'. Now I've discovered Nars in 'Siberia'.

Okay I'm sorry, enough about my bad buying I just had to rant about it and I'm sure you all understand my pain.

 

I've always been a drugstore girl at heart, I'm just never able to save up to buy a high street brand, I prefer to buy lots of small bits. After a long think I finally decided to push myself to get the foundation I've always wanted. The NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I have no regrets. Yes, it's expensive, but it's just so beautiful! Flawless coverage, all day staying power, smooth application, what else could you need? Also there shades for pretty much every skin colour and tone so there's no need for anyone not to have it!

One of the picks I do have, considering I've only been using it for about a week, is the problem most people have, there's no pump. Yes, they do sell pumps, but I actually forgot to order one so that's my bad.

My only other complaint is it's quite drying which was a little disappointing for my first splurge on a foundation but something I can look past.

Besides my complaints, I consider the foundation to be one of my best makeup buys. It's so important to have a foundation that fits your skin and makes it look like you're not wearing makeup. After all, isn't that the point?

Included with the Feel Unique order, I got two free samples. When I saw I could choose not one but two samples I was chuffed. I'm a sucker for free samples I have to admit.

The first sample I chose was for Giorgio Armani rose signature perfume. I chose this sample because I've been looking for a new scent for a while. I'm quite picky with perfume, not liking too fruity or floral things. This perfume's base note is rose but it smells more fresh and light than overpowering and I love it. I'll definitely be buying the full version.

The second sample I ordered was for La Roche-Posay Pigment Clear Serum. I chose this to make my skin tone more even. I haven't actually tried this out properly yet but as soon as I've tested and made a decision I'll tell you guys about it.

What are your makeup confessions? What's your scent?
Tori. X

No comments:

Post a Comment